Buying A House Without Build Over Agreement

Had it not been adopted at the time of enlargement, there should not have been a build over agreement. Before 2011, would the public channel within the property boundary be the property of the municipality? If the annex were built without building control, what would be the consequences? Okay, when they built the enlargement in 1992, should they have got another construction on an agreement? Would that have been repeated as part of the planning request if that had been the case? When buying a property, you are offered a Drainage – Water Search which contains a map showing the location of the supposed sewers in relation to the property. If the presumed sewers are identified as within the property, your carrier must make appropriate requests to the seller`s lawyer regarding the seller`s delivery. You should also provide yourself with a copy of the report, including the location plan for the adopted sewers. Sometimes problems arise when owners try to sell their property, which is built in part or entirely through a public channel. Conservatories and extensions are the usual criminals. If a Build Over Agreement was not obtained when the work was done, then the water company has the legal right to enter the land to reach the canal, even if that means demolishing the building above the canal. However, if possible, the water company will avoid the damage and look for other ways to enter the sewers, but the risk remains. If a construction agreement has been reached, the water company has no right to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. A Build Over Agreement is a document in which the owner of the local water agency undertakes that the work to be carried out will not have a negative effect on public sewers under or near.

In addition, the local water authority`s access rights to sewers are defined so that they can continue to repair and maintain them. If you plan to build sewers nearby or nearby, you should contact the local water service before starting work to find out what their requirements are. The other possibility is that the seller will provide the buyer with compensation insurance to protect against financial losses resulting from the construction of the property through a public sewer. It is the fastest and cheapest option, but whether or not insurance is available depends on the circumstances of each case. What matters is when the land was built and whether the runoff at the back serves only the house or the neighbours. If it was built before 1937 and is divided – it is and it was a public sewer, and an over-construction agreement that were needed.